Skip to main content
DistrictCampusDirectory
CAMPUS

Hempstead ISD Pulls Out of Improvement Required


Posted Date: 08/16/2018

Thumbnail Image for Article 23389

With hardwork and dedication by students and staff, the Hempstead Independent School District made great progress this past year to pull the district out of Improvement Required and receive a C under TEA’s new accountability rating system.  

 

Hempstead Middle School made great progress as well to replace an Improvement Required rating with a Met Standard rating for this year.  Hempstead High School received a Met Standard rating and Hempstead Elementary received an Improvement Required rating.

 

The Texas Education Agency (TEA) released its accountability ratings Wednesday morning, August 15, officially assigning districts across the state an A-through-F letter grade for the first time.

 

Under the state’s new accountability system, school districts receive a grade or rating based on performance in the following three areas: Student achievement, school progress, and closing the gaps.

 

According to TEA, 70% of the accountability rating is based on the better of Student Achievement or Student Progress.  The remaining 30% is based on performance in the Closing the Gaps area. Visit the TEA website to learn more about the A-F accountability system.

While districts ratings are based on an A-F scale, individual campuses will continue to be labeled under the Met Standard, Met Alternative Standard, or Improvement Required labels for this year.  The A-F rating labels will be applied to campuses at the end of the 2018-2019 school year.

We invite our parents and community members to join the students and staff in making this a great year at Hempstead ISD.  One Town. One Team. One Goal

District Calendar

Upcoming Events