Welcome to Hempstead ISD!
Enroll your student in the main office at the campus he/she will attend.
Hempstead Early Childhood Center
Grades PK-3 & PK-4
524 Austin Street – Hempstead
(979) 221-2021, Ext. 601 (phone)
(979) 921-9472 (fax)
1340 13th Street – Hempstead
(979) 826-2452, Ext. 502 (phone)
(979) 826-5524 (fax)
Hempstead Middle School
2532 9th Street – Hempstead
(979) 826-2530, ext. 402 (phone)
(979) 826-5583 (fax)
Hempstead High School
801 Donoho Street – Hempstead
(979) 826-3331, ext. 302 (phone)
(979) 826-4779 (fax)
Bring the following forms with you to enroll your student:
- Valid State Issued ID of the Parent/Legal Guardian
- Two proofs of Hempstead ISD residency (utility statement, HISD property tax statement, current lease/rental agreement/mortgage statement, or current personal business mail that list parent/guardians name and physical address)
- Student’s Birth Certificate
- Student’s Immunization Records
- Student’s Social Security Card
- Last report card/transcripts – Documentation showing last grade level
Additional Information for Pre-Kindergarten & Kindergarten students
Kindergarten students must to be 5 years old on or before September 1st.
Pre-Kindergarten students must be 3 or 4 years old on or before September 1st and meet one of the following requirements:
- Student does not speak or comprehend the English language.
- Student is educationally disadvantaged if student is eligible to participate in National Free or Reduced Price Lunch Program. Recent income documentation must be furnished.
- Student is homeless.
- Student is the child of an active duty member of the Armend Forces of the U.S
- Student is the child of a member of the Armed Forces whi was injured or killed while serving in active duty.
- Student has been in conservatorship (foster care) of the Department of Family and Protective Services (DFPS) following and adversary hearing.